So what great marketing articles caught our eye this week?
- Using Google Analytics to Uncover Hidden Problem Areas by Lisa Barone. Good, simple tips on understanding where you might be leaking sales or leads.
- How to Strategically Analyze Your Competition’s PPC Campaigns by Andrew Davis. A quick and dirty guide to spying on your competitor’s paid search campaigns.
- EARTHQUAKE! Rare Tremors in Northeast Shake Up Twitter by Elisa Gabbert. Great examples of how Twitter is changing real-life mentions of Twitter.
- Trademark Issues w/ PPC? Ways to Take Back Your Brand by Lisa Raehsler. Fantastic tips on how to handle if someone is buying PPC ads on your branded terms.
- How to Market Your Business on Twitter by Elaine Ellis. Advice on using Twitter in marketing from Qdoba Mexican Grill, Ignite Boulder, Web 2.0, ModCloth and Kapost. Leave a comment with your own tip on using Twitter, and the best comment will win a $75 gift certificate from Amazon.
- Social Media Budget Blunders (and How to Avoid Them) by Kerry Jones. You get what you pay for, and that includes social media.
- 6 Keyword Research Mistakes You Might be Making by James Agate. “It is better to have a bigger slice of a few smaller pies rather than not getting even a slither of a much bigger pie.” Be realistic on the terms you can rank for.