A weekly roundup of the best online marketing articles that caught our eye this week. As always, leave a comment or share with us on Twitter (@Trada) your favorite posts. Also, this weekend Trada is running a giving away an autographed copy of Sex on the Moon by Ben Mezrich on our Facebook page. Ben is the author of The Accidental Billionaires, the inspiration for the Oscar winning Social Network. To win a copy, just write the best PPC headline for an ad to sell Sex on the Moon on our Facebook page or in the blog comments.
Onto the articles:
- How Bing’s Editors Choose Sexy Images to Seduce You Away From Google by Austin Carr (@austincarr). I love the Bing images, so this is a fun look to see how they’re picked. Also, Austin writes a lot of really interesting content about the search networks that you won’t find elsewhere, so be sure to check out his work at Fast Company.
- What Are the Key Metrics for Brand Awareness Campaigns In An Automated Buying Environment? from @AdExchanger. A good look at metrics to install when running a branding campaign in an automated buying environment. Great perspective from the experts.
- Maximize Social Media Traffic to Your Blog by David Cowling (@smn_australia). Some interesting tips from David on getting additional social media traffic to your blog.
- Search StumbleUpon With New Explore Feature by Brent Csutoras (@brentcsutoras). I love StumbleUpon. I used to use it to bookmark all my favorite DIY projects or recipes I loved until Pinterest popped up. Anyway, StumbleUpon is making it that much easier to find the content you’re interested in phrases you’re interested in (still in beta). And if you’re not paying attention to StumbleUpon, don’t overlook them. They can be a huge driver of traffic.
- 360i’s Report on Social Commerce: Daily Deals – 360i is doing a summer series on social commerce, and this fourth report is about Daily Deals. The market is saturated with new daily deals and for a business, it can be hard to understand all of your options This 8-page report gives a brief introduction to all of the possibilities.
- Friday Five: Social Media Lessons from Startups by Zach Cole (@ZachACole) – Edelman Digital features quick five lessons each Friday on their blog. This blog takes lessons from startups on social media marketing. Great lesson from Crowdbooster - “Speedy and transparent responses to customer inquiries can build a brand’s credibility and enhance the trust people have in it.”
Also, be sure to check out Trada’s post on how to improve your quality score.