As you probably know by now, the big news of the week was Facebook’s acquisition of Instragram, the mobile photo sharing app. While the news of this cluttered our newsfeeds and Twitter streams, there were some other noteworthy posts we found!
1. Perhaps you’re wondering WHY Facebook bought Instagram? GigaOm tells you why Facebook paid $1 billion for the startup. Hint: They were scared, big time.
2. Our friends at Unbounce have put together a list of 35 Beautiful Landing Pages (with critiques)! See real landing pages built in Unbounce with examples from varying industries. Great work guys!
3. EContent is blogging about Social Media and Gender. uSamp conducted a study that surveyed adults about the social media sites they visit and the kind of information they share online. One takeaway from the survey: 55,2% of men say they would reveal their email address on social media, while only 41,3% of women would agree.
4. PCWorld announces Facebook’s update to its Download Your Information feature. The update allows users to access additional categories of information like previous names they’ve used, friend requests they’ve made and more. Facebook also states more categories will be available in the future.
5. Marketing Land is reporting (Leaked!) Google Analytics is making its way to Google+. A Dutch website found an official and confidential Google deck showing how to connect a Google+ page with Google Analytics. Would you be more inclined to use G+ in conjuction with Google Analytics? Also, what do you think of the new layout?