Happy Friday! While you plan out your weekend, check out some of the things we read on the web this week!
1. Techcrunch covered “Why VCs are getting into PR” and it was a hot topic! There has been a rise in pitches from VC firms instead of the startups themselves. And why? As stated in the article, technology PR isn’t easy! Comments on the article offered other explanations as well- the changing game of PR, the accessibility of VCs and executives, and the involvement of VCs in start-ups without providing financial support. What are your thoughts?
2. Online Media Direct is offering “5 Facebook Advertising Tips for B2B’s”. Tips include having simple ad copy, using your existing fans’ interests to tailor your content, and targeting. One more tip could be using Trada for your Facebook advertising! (Shameless promotion, we know.)
3. PPC MEMES! Have you seen these? If you’re a paid search expert or novice, you will enjoy!
4. Blooming Pity: Valentine’s Day Florist Wars Turn Ugly Online via Brand Channel. Even the title sounds scary. What happened was the giants in the floral industry created ads on Google that said the local florists were (gasp!) SOLD OUT! It happened to all of the local shops in Minneapolis. In reality, ProFlowers meant to say their OWN flowers were sold out for Valentine’s Day, and a keyword mishap occurred, saying the local florists were sold out.
5. Mashable reports “Twitter Opens Self-Service Ad Platform Widely to Small Businesses.” And American Express cardmembers get first dibs? Twitter is partnering with American Express and offering preference to cardmembers and even giving them $100 in free advertising! Small businesses, sign up!
And because we couldn’t resist, one more PPC meme!
Thanks to PPC Memes for these images!